1.7

My husband purchased an accidental insurance policy from Combined Insurance.Earlier this year, my son experienced a spontaneous pneumothorax (the textbook definition of "accident"), which was totally unrelated to any pre-existing conditions or illness.

Treatment included a chest tube, thoracic surgery and a 10-day hospitalization, 3 of those in ICU. The injury was deemed idiopathic and was not the result of any policy exclusions, however, it was not considered a covered accident by Combined....even after providing complete medical records. I still have not received an acceptable explanation for their determination. Ironically, this type of situation was precisely the reason we acquired such a policy.

Mine is the "platinum plan," btw.What a disappointment and a waste of my money.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of combined insurance accident insurance from Combined Insurance. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $5000 and wants Combined Insurance to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was misrepresentation of product and vague definitions in policy. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Aflac. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Combined Insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Combined Insurance?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1246298

Your key word was ACCIDENT, please keep in mind the type of surgery your son had sounds like a sickness.I hope he is doing better, I would suggest you call an art and ask for help to assist with a claim to get some advice.

Good luck.

Cause I am a combined customer and they do pay their claims

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1242080

I don't see that that is an accident. It's not like he punctured his lung with a sharp object or was in a car wreck or fell down some stairs. The word spontaneous makes it even less of a way to blame the problem on an accident.