Washington, District Of Columbia

I had a customer come in to the bank with a charge from Combined on his account that had been going on for over a year. I called our fraud department and was given the number to combined insurance and told that they were billing under my customers wife's name.

They couldn't find the policy when we called and they tried telling my customer that they were sorry, but needed a policy in order to cancel the auto debit that has been charging for over a year and other than that there was nothing that they could do to take care of him or to prevent him from being billed in the future. I asked to speak with someone in billing who could look it up by an account number since they were billing directly through the account. IF you can charge an account you should be able to find the account. I have been on hold for over 20 mins waiting for a supervisor.

If the company can bill you by an account they should be able to look it up by an account number and remove the bill. Forcing an older customer to close his account to stop the billing is ridiculous and fraudulent on behalf of Combined.

They are all too happy to bill and provide nothing in return and when you call you get to wait on hold so that they hope you lose interest and leave. Angry

Product or Service Mentioned: Combined Insurance Life Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

StupendousMole

Combined insurance payed 3,000 payout for my grandmother in 2002 on a policy started in 1977 we just found all her policies and billing statements and realized we should of gotten over 30,000 dollars it’s 2019 now so I’m sending all documents into the companies claims department every time I call no one has a answer for us we have statements payed in full up until 4 months before her death shame on them

Since no one has responded to you I will. I'm so sorry that your customer got the run around on this issue.

If the policy was pulling it off his wife's account By State Law she would have to call in and request the cancellation or ask them to stop the payment. All the rules and regulations are meant to make sure the customers policy is not accidently cancelled. I just had a customer yesterday who was paying for his sons policy to want to cancel it. I explained to him that he could stop the payment coming out of his account but by law they could not cancel the policy.

He understood. We called combined and stopped the payment.. The customer service rep did ask for the payors personal information to make sure she was talking to the correct person. She stopped the payment right them and explained to the customer that they would send the bill to the insured just in case he wanted to pick up the payment himself.

Please understand that insurance is under the same rules as the bank is. My husband or Mom could not call in and make any changes to my account if they were not on it.. Correct?? Same thing here.

Combined insurance is not fraudulent at all. I have helped many people get paid out and they were very happy.

Many people also refuse for an agent to come out and go over their policies to make sure they understand how the policy pays out. Insurance is not the easiest thing to understand and that's why it's important to have an agent.