111 E Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
1.1

I have been with Combined for over a year and in that time have not placed one claim with them until Christmas Eve. I had been sick in the past and missed work but didn't file, I have had minor issues come up but never felt the need to file.

On Christmas Eve I was bitten and scratched by a cat and my hand immediately swelled to the size of a softball. I live in Maine and in Maine we have local "Emergency Care Centers" like the one I went to in my town to handle the situation rather than rushed an hour away to the closest 24hour "Hospital". When I signed on for the coverage I was told my local Express Care would work fine for claims. I spent close to two hours and received multiple shots and medication and attention to my wound.

I then proceeded to the pharmacy to get my script and went home to spend the rest of the holiday with a hand wrapped and myself medicated. I submitted the claim with my rep when I returned to work the following week and waited for my check to arrive.

The medical bill arrived for $400 and then my letter from combined arrived and when I opened it I saw a letter denying payment of my claim because in their words "...This facility does not meet the definition of emergency room..." "...We are unable to approve the claim for benefits." I have never felt more scammed than I do today! Crooks that take your money and find loop holes to deny claims.

Product or Service Mentioned: Combined Insurance Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Combined Insurance Cons: Fraudulently deny payment, No payment on claims, Misrepresentation of product and vague definitions in policy, So far my experience has made me think i made a big mistake.

Comments