New York City, New York
1.9
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I have been with combined insurance since 2005.I have in the past made several claims when I was injured.

Recently I was involved in a rear end collision. I went to the hospital and got checked out and discharged. When I submitted my documents from the hospital and waited a few days I contacted them to make sure they got them. Within a few more days they sent me an additional form which I filled out and faxed back.

Into week #2, I spoke with a representative who said it's under review and would take 7-10 business days. After the 3rd week I called to see if my whopping check of $375.00 was sent out. It was approved and would be in the mail that week. So after 1 month I received my check.

This was clearly a cut and dry accident where I should not have waited so long for my money. In the past is was a lot faster with less red tape. The rep. said there was alot of fraud going around so now they review every case.

It wasn't like I was looking for a large payout.

I'm not happy & may drop them this year!!!!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Combined Insurance?

Comments

Beaware Combined Insurance itself is for real, but the staff.that works there are low life lieing individuals.They promise you the world and then treat you like trash.

My wife went to work for them at the beginning the training in Chicago was great, the training in upstate New York for the state test was also great.what really pissed me off was 5 weeks into sales training, they don't teach you nothing, all they do is take you out to people who already have policies update it and try to sell them more.insurance tjat people don't want to buy, then they say be persistent and try your all to convince them. They even tell the women agents to flirt with the male applicants, and I know for a fact because they said it straight to my face, my wife needs to be a bit flirtatious, and this came straight from the mouth of the office higher up at The office by LaGuardia Airport. He forced my wife to go out on sales , knocking on doors in Drug Infested neighborhoods by herself, endangering her life, because she couldn't convince them to by insurance he would out her down and say all kinds of things to her and make her feel worthless. When I found this out, I had her quit, no one will ever be permitted to offend my wife, they are dishonest, disrespectful.

When we walk out , he even said good luck with your future meaning if you don't work for Combined Insurance, you have no future.If everyone working for Combined is so rich why are they all driving beat up old cars that...

the last wreck i had was when someone turned in front of me and i ran into the side of their car.it was their fault and my Audi Tt Convertible was totalled.

the other driver's insurance sent me $1000 to cover medical even though i didn't spend any money on medical. i guess this was part of a settlement that would keep me from asking for money in the future. anyway, i thought that was very generous especially since i didn't have any medical issues decelop from the wreck.

is this type of payment normal?anybody know?

to Anonymous #1164537

No it is not normal and like mentioned, they sent that to silence you because actually owe you a lot more than that.Do not accept the check and find a good attorney that can handle that at their own cost.

They owe diminished value of your car.

Sometimes with accident you may not feel anything until after a couple of days later and do not ignore that.